The Radius Aerospace / Shrewsbury facility specializes in the fabrication, forming and manufacture of aircraft engine and industrial gas turbine, machined and fabricated casings, machined rings, turbine blade and nozzle guide vanes, combustion liners and complex fabricated assemblies.
The plant excels in fabrication and forming processes to produce complex aerospace and industrial gas turbine assemblies. In house manufacturing facilities are further complemented by processing capabilities of YAG laser, non-conventional machining, heat treatment, Plasma and HVOF coatings.
Beyond the production of new components the facility has a dedicated MRO business unit specializing in fabricated & coated components. The experience of producing new components combined with the ability to repair them offers an unparalleled level of expertise.
Please see an overview of the capabilities and certifications of our Radius Aerospace / Shrewsbury facility below.
General Manager Nigel Taylor
Director of Business Development Kevin Dexter
Main Phone Number +44 (0) 1743-454300
The Shrewsbury, England facility is a leading manufacturer of aircraft engine and industrial gas turbine, machined and fabricated casings, machined rings, compressor blades, turbine vanes, combustion liners and complex fabricated assemblies.
The multi-skilled workforce excels in fabrication and forming processes to producing complex aerospace and industrial gas turbine assemblies. Our engine casing, combustion component, and blade manufacturing cells machine and process, cast, forged and fabricated exotic materials, turning them into fully assembled engine build ready components.
In house manufacturing facilities are further complimented by processing capabilities of YAG laser, non-conventional machining, heat treatment and Plasma & HVOF coatings.
A dedicated MRO business units serves both the aerospace & IGT markets with a specialisation in the repair & overhaul of combustion components, Exhausts and fabricated cases.
- Combustion Cases, Liners & Nozzles
- Machined Engine Cases, from cast and forged materials
- Fabricated Engine Cases
- Noise Attenuators
- Machined Rings
- Air Bypass Ducts
- Turbine Vane Segments and Nozzle Guide Vanes
- Complex Fabricated & Machined Assemblies
- AS 9100 Rev D
- ISO 9001:2015
- ISO 14001:2015
- ISO 45001:2018
- Heat Treatment
- Non-Conventional Machining - Laser & EDM
- Chemical Processing
- Onsite manufacturing
- Quality engineering support
- Machining - CNC Milling, Turning, Vertical Boring & Grinding, 5-Axis Horizontal Machining & Viper Grinding, Fast Hole Drilling, 4-axis Die Sinking
- Forming - Hot & Cold Conventional
- Non-Conventional Machining - Laser - 5 Axis YAG & EDM
- HVOF & Plasma Spray
- Welding - Auto & Manual TIG / Resistance / Seam & Spot
- Fabrication - Rolling / Forming / Drill / Rivet / Insert Assembly
- Finishing - Blasting / Degrease / Polish / Paint
- X-Ray / Automated FPI / CMM / AirFlow / Laboratory
- Ni alloys
- Ti alloys
- Aerospace Steels